Posted on

Indiana Glass

Indiana_Glass

The Early Years 1895 – 1922

1895, the Pennsylvania Railroad Co. built a large building in Dunkirk, Indiana. It was named the Dunkirk Locomotive and Car Repair Works and the intended use was to build and repair railroad cars. This idea was soon abandoned and George Brady and James Beatty purchased the building and property in 1896. Together they formed the Beatty – Brady Glass Company. They produced glass lamps, glass chimney tops, vases and some household glass. Continue reading Indiana Glass